Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @turi: JOB: the amazing @openDemocracy is seeking a Publisher! opendemocracy.net/opendemocracy/… Pls RT 2 hours ago
- RT @CampaignFoI: Gr8 q by Judge Angel. Contractual disclosure clauses can only be enforced by the authority, not the requester #FOIten http… 2 hours ago
- RT @IanBrownOII: .@iconews: we don't have budget to provide a Rolls Royce service. Richard Thomas adds: Ford Focus #foiten @a19right2info a… 3 hours ago
- Newsletter from @AnnenbergCGCS announces that 'CGCS Director Monroe Price Joins Twitter': welcome @themonroeprice ! 3 hours ago
- Of course @bainesy1969 had blogged before we were out the door at tonight's anniversary FOIA event hosted by ICO informationrightsandwrongs.com/2014/11/26/doe… 3 hours ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 day ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 weeks ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 1 month ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 2 months ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: kc v mgn
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading