Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @SLSA_UK: Delegates #slsa2015 , do you follow @SLSA_UK? Follower no.1500 will get to choose one of these socio-legal books: http://t.co/… 3 hours ago
- RT @Holly_PJ: If you are a young, BME, disabled or female journalist, pls join @NUJofficial - We need more council rep diversity: https://t… 20 hours ago
- special theme on Law Enforcement, Regulation and the Use, Abuse and Control of Information #SLSA2015 programme here: bit.ly/1G8FXVl 21 hours ago
- Looking forward to #slsa2015 this week: sharing developing work @infolawcentre on ‘information about information law’, courts access & data 21 hours ago
- RT @FullFact: Day one in the Full Fact election centre: paper confusion on Labour's tax plans and deja vu on the EU fullfact.org… 1 day ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 4 months ago
Tag Archives: kc v mgn
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading