Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Survey for journalists and bloggers in England & WalesShare your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in this online anonymous survey
- 2nd session of intensive fortnight of media conferences at #ica13, WG Hart post-Leveson workshop, #iamcr13. Global media ethics to start.. 18 hours ago
- Fascinating: @rodzam's Interactive Map of the 2013 ICA Conference via Stephanie Craft #ICA13 bit.ly/11JWsjO 21 hours ago
- Fascinating: @rodzam's Interactive Map of the 2013 ICA Conference via Stephanie Craft #ICA13 - geographical distribution of institutions 21 hours ago
- Well done @dominicnutt @lizscarff @glendacooper / @icancervirus reaches fundraising target for @UU_University wp.me/p1tGuL-Xv 2 days ago
- RT @glendacooper: 8 months, 3,846 donors and @iCancerVirus reaches target. So proud of @DominicNutt, @LizScarff & ... tmi.me/YQObV 2 days ago
- DUP defends libel law veto - Latest - Belfast Newsletter: Finance Minister Sammy Wilson’s decision t... bit.ly/15aBpYD #medialaw 1 day ago
- ABA Journal>> As libel trial losers battle $1M legal bill, FBI probes claimed mid-trial DUI set-up o... bit.ly/18OY4RY #medialaw 1 day ago
- Guardian>> Saudi prince defends Forbes libel action: Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed has insisted his... bit.ly/16gJNsE #medialaw 1 day ago
- Michael Crick, C4 News>> Does Sun ‘plebgate’ libel defence show more evidence of police conspiracy?:... bit.ly/1512wFq #medialaw 1 day ago
- Nehanda Radio>> Challenges in promoting privacy and freedom of expression in Zimbabwe: Across the gl... bit.ly/12BmXgx #medialaw 1 day ago
Tag Archives: defamation costs
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading