Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- post by @carlgardner reinforces argument for legal info at source for checking claims. allows analyses like this bit.ly/1cYDjRv 3 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: Outstanding post by @carlgardner on the "forced caesarean" case. A must-read. bit.ly/IsV4PN 3 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: Media Plurality Series: Is Ofcom’s ‘Share of References’ scheme fit for measuring media power?... http://t.co/ptmCW0jtm… 5 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: Launch of new media plurality blog series: please join the debate @LSEMPP and @mediaplurality! wp.me/p44L0N-6f 9 hours ago
- RT @AGO_UK: The full story explaining our publication of advice notes is here tinyurl.com/mp5d9ca and also info on contempt http://t.co/… 12 hours ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 12 hours ago
- SubScribe: Glasgow helicopter crash and the night of the citizen journalist: bit.ly/1jc1gcS #medialaw 2 days ago
- MST: David Yelland’s Leveson Anniversary Lecture, 29th November 2013 – Full Text: bit.ly/1injR7Y #medialaw 4 days ago
- RT @peterjukes: Back at #hackingtrial - but will have to bunk off half an hour early for live interview with R4 media show at 4.30 with @st… 1 week ago
- RT @INFORRM: Andrew Mitchell MP libel case, costs budget sanctions appeal dismissed bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: defamation costs
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading