Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @the_intercept: UK Police Confirm Ongoing Criminal Probe of Snowden Leak Journalists interc.pt/1LHhGbL by @rj_gallagher http://t.co… 1 day ago
- "...not allowed to clap like an ordinary person but you’re allowed to bray like a donkey?" Mhairi Black #Westminster gu.com/p/4bxm2 3 days ago
- Post by @philipvmurphy suggests Royal Family cld learn from MI5 by opening up archives: bit.ly/1g9crX6 cc. @IanCobain @robevansgdn 4 days ago
- RT @legalfutures: Breaking news: Bar lifts the lid on shocking sexism faced by female barristers ow.ly/PZBsu 4 days ago
- Web Foundation (behind Open Data Barometer) finds govt FOIA commission a cause for concern bit.ly/1CWRW9N via @webfoundation 5 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 7 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 8 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 8 months ago
Tag Archives: frankie boyle
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading
Belatedly cross-posting from Monday… The Jimmy Savile scandal continues to dominate news headlines, with focus on the BBC’s decision to drop its Newsnight film. Reports in the The Times (£), Channel 4, the Independent and elsewhere quote internal emails between … Continue reading