Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- #humanityoflawyers @BeingHumanFest photos bit.ly/1YwiKEJ @caoilfhionnanna @actfortheact @justinerogers @otium_Catulle @greekie50 1 day ago
- lovely photos #humanityoflawyers @BeingHumanFest - exhib @IALS_law & event @TheInnerTemple bit.ly/1YwiKEJ https://t.co/H6zTNxsdOT 1 day ago
- RT @MichaelEades2: #BeingHuman15 at an end after 11 inspirational days. HUGE thanks to all who made it happen across the UK! https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: Robin Callender Smith @QMUL: Pics of celebrities' children off limits for media – unless parents consent https… 4 days ago
- piece by @_UoWCIR Marion Oswald @computersandlaw has 3 observations #IPBill - ingredients for "mature debate"? bit.ly/1lfJGtB 4 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 weeks ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 11 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 11 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 11 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: frankie boyle
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading
Belatedly cross-posting from Monday… The Jimmy Savile scandal continues to dominate news headlines, with focus on the BBC’s decision to drop its Newsnight film. Reports in the The Times (£), Channel 4, the Independent and elsewhere quote internal emails between … Continue reading