Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: 10 March @cityjournalism screening of Citizenfour with intro by @newsbrooke bit.ly/1avAhch 22 hours ago
- Thanks @Clareangela for notes from our @infolawcentre launch this week: renaissanceutterances.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/centre… 1 day ago
- RT @clareangela: I've written up my notes from the CLIP launch on Tuesday. #IALS renaissanceutterances.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/centre… @JTownend @infolawcentre 1 day ago
- RT @ConversationUK: The future of BBC should not be left to this committee of MPs, says @stevenjbarnett bit.ly/1Dd73G3 2 days ago
- RT @otium_Catulle: The drones club: the launch of @infolawcentre with @JTownend and a bit of @DRAF_London tinyurl.com/mc9hyur http://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 3 months ago
Tag Archives: frankie boyle
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading
Belatedly cross-posting from Monday… The Jimmy Savile scandal continues to dominate news headlines, with focus on the BBC’s decision to drop its Newsnight film. Reports in the The Times (£), Channel 4, the Independent and elsewhere quote internal emails between … Continue reading