This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- I've been doing some housekeeping & remembered my old blog @meejalaw. Little post with a farewell, of sorts: bit.ly/1JzXRTA 59 minutes ago
- Third attempt at writing out website name without shortening! It's Familycourtinfo (.org.uk) twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 1 hour ago
- bit.ly/1fNZmkZ: basic info about family courts for Bristol, Weston, Gloucester and Bath (via @Familoo) twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 1 hour ago
- < bit.ly/1fNZmkZ> for families in Bristol area. Now w. @seethrujustice offering package for other areas: bit.ly/1fNZmkY 1 hour ago
- RT @PenelopeGibbs2: small increase in % BAME magistrates judiciary.gov.uk/publications/j… to 9.3 but still far from total in last census - 14% #JPdi… 15 hours ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 7 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 8 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 8 months ago