Last Friday I attended an excellent and inspiring presentation by John Sheridan, head of legislation services at the National Archives, at the Open Data Institute. ODI’s Kathryn Corrick has helpfully uploaded both the audio and his presentation. The Indigo Trust has blogged about it here. The key issue that interests me is linking open legislation to open case law, but that is a big and complicated topic, which deserves its own blog post. In the meantime, catch up here with John’s introduction and discussion around ‘legislation as data':
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- No need to ask Q on Google and transparency reports - @PaulbernalUK has it covered, though answer a little brief… ! #dpnet15 3 hours ago
- stimulating, thoughtful presentations #dpnet15 - lots to discuss with colleagues @SASNews @ials_law cc. @lornamhughes @mpdavies @jfwinters 4 hours ago
- Powles asks for more detail about requests / delisting decisions [my general plea re. comms/media-legal decision-making!] #dpnet15 4 hours ago
- wld be great if William Malcolm's (senior privacy counsel at Google) talk made available as public resource - v interesting #dpnet15 4 hours ago
- Follow #dpnet15 for tweets from Cambridge conference on EU Internet Regulation After #GoogleSpain 6 hours ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 4 months ago