Last Friday I attended an excellent and inspiring presentation by John Sheridan, head of legislation services at the National Archives, at the Open Data Institute. ODI’s Kathryn Corrick has helpfully uploaded both the audio and his presentation. The Indigo Trust has blogged about it here. The key issue that interests me is linking open legislation to open case law, but that is a big and complicated topic, which deserves its own blog post. In the meantime, catch up here with John’s introduction and discussion around ‘legislation as data’:
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @ladywell23: Committee to Protect Journalist’s 2014 Global Impunity Index on countries where journalists die & killers go free http://t… 1 day ago
- RT @newsbrooke: Intetesting new course on "computational journalism" created by @egrommet at Cardiff Uni. bit.ly/1t5ik9z 1 day ago
- speedy case comment via @SCRIPTCentre: The Data Retention Directive never existed - Judith Rauhofer and @macsithigh bit.ly/1r1OiQb 2 days ago
- Inspiring MT @nearlylegal profile of remarkable Nicola Mackintosh, community care lawyer par excellence, now hon QC theguardian.com/society/2014/a… 3 days ago
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 3 days ago
- FT.com: Letter from the Editor: on.ft.com/1tedYwR #medialaw 1 day ago
- Event, 20 May: "Inhuman Rights" - is The Sun right about the Human Rights?: bit.ly/1tedYwH #medialaw 1 day ago
- RT @robertsharp59: RT @ChrisWimpress: FT says no to Leveson and Ipso "we have decided to plot our own course" bit.ly/1tdGvCM <- FYI… 1 day ago
- DMLP: The Legal Needs of Emerging Online Media: The Online Media Legal Network after 500 Referrals: bit.ly/1hN9FnP #medialaw 2 days ago
- SCRIPTed - Rauhofer / Mac Sithigh: The Data Retention Directive Never Existed: bit.ly/1laFztb #medialaw 2 days ago