Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Well done @dee_knipe for gathering data on this overlooked issue, with implications for female career progression.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @USSU: The Students' Union has been made aware of students experiencing racism, hate crime and discrimination both on campus and in town… 6 days ago
- RT @lemnsissay: On Brighton beach pebbles shuffle And seagulls scatter over Regency Square And on the promenade a couple Lift from the g… 6 days ago
- RT @rosenbaum6: Info Commissioner has ruled ( bit.ly/37n6gsc) that #Heathrow Airport is subject to the Environmental Info Regs & so… 6 days ago
- A lot of sense in here! esp that while privacy and transparency can be in tension, they're not necessarily fundamen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: rupert murdoch
Inforrm's Blog The big media law story of the week was the culture, media and sport select committee’s report into phone hacking [PDF] and one line in particular: its conclusion that “Rupert Murdoch is not a fit person to exercise … Continue reading
Inforrm's Blog It was the week the newspaper proprietors came to Leveson. Predictably, Murdochs Snr and Jnr dominated the media coverage, but John Ryley (head of news, Sky News) Aidan Barclay (Telegraph Media Group) and Evgeny Lebedev (Lebedev Holdings Ltd) … Continue reading
Inforrm's Blog It’s a big week coming up at the Leveson Inquiry, with appearances from the media owners: Aidan Barclay, Evgeny Lebedev, James Murdoch and Rupert Murdoch. “Plenty to talk about here,” Murdoch Snr has tweeted since arriving in the … Continue reading