Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @sdp: Important news for the #journalism field in Germany - and in the UK too, given #CairncrossReview recommendation to the same effect… 7 hours ago
- RT @EmmaLBriant: When did @haveigotnews become the actual news? twitter.com/haveigotnews/s… 10 hours ago
- RT @FullFact: "Why would a self-respecting, serious political party masquerade as something else to get its campaign points across?"—Our Ch… 10 hours ago
- could this latest election twitter drama be any more relevant to tonight's #sussexsalon on elections, fake news, di… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- RT @bendepear: As the home of the original @FactCheck in the UK we need to point out “factcheckUK” has nothing to do with @Channel4News it… 23 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: rupert murdoch
Inforrm's Blog The big media law story of the week was the culture, media and sport select committee’s report into phone hacking [PDF] and one line in particular: its conclusion that “Rupert Murdoch is not a fit person to exercise … Continue reading
Inforrm's Blog It was the week the newspaper proprietors came to Leveson. Predictably, Murdochs Snr and Jnr dominated the media coverage, but John Ryley (head of news, Sky News) Aidan Barclay (Telegraph Media Group) and Evgeny Lebedev (Lebedev Holdings Ltd) … Continue reading
View original post