Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @TheICLR: New guest post on the ICLR.3 blog: HMCTS response to letter on open justice in the COVID-19 emergency - with thanks to @JTowne… 5 hours ago
- RT @Brigid_Fowler: Jacob Rees-Mogg tells #HouseofCommons Intelligence & Security Committee will be set up "in due course". Which is what he… 1 day ago
- of interest? @Marshadecordova @cajardineMP @CarolineLucas @ManduReid @DavidLammy @libdemdaisy twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 1 day ago
- Groundhog day: still waiting for a decision on release of Equalities Assessment for the Coronavirus Bill, under FOI… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @legalhackette: BREAKING: Extended court hours, alternative venues, screens & tech, are "court recovery" measures announced by @MoJGovU… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: phone hacking judicial review
Has the media’s coverage of super injunctions finally peaked? Probably not… This round up would have to be done in installments to include all the coverage. Instead, this week’s summary will include some of the more thoughtful posts on the … Continue reading