Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @AdamWagner1: It is an essential element of the rule of law that people are able to know what is and isn't against the law so they can d… 13 hours ago
- RT @seethrujustice: Read the open letter on open justice during covid-19 pandemic signed by @seethrujustice trustees @familoo @Maggotlaw @j… 2 days ago
- RT @C4CrimAppeals: We are calling for meaningful #openjustice alongside @seethrujustice @TransformJust1 @EndCorruptionUK @JusticeGap Gett… 2 days ago
- RT @NoraNiLoideain: Last chance today to submit an abstract to the @infolawcentre 2020 Annual Conference on AI & the Rule of Law! Hope yo… 2 days ago
- RT @mattburgess1: Update on this. As spotted by @markscott82, the privacy notice for the contact tracing system has now been updated. Peop… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: opendata
Lucy Series, a doctoral researcher at the University of Exeter, and I have submitted a response to the Cabinet Office’s open data consultation. Our focus is opening up data in the legal sphere: court listings, judgments, information about reporting restrictions … Continue reading