Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BrightonSanct: We won! The judge allowed Luqman’s appeal on the spot. A huge thank you to his wonderful counsel, Rebecca Chapman from @… 1 day ago
- Helpful summary/analysis>> New rules for media and communications claims - Iain Wilson and Elisabeth Mason… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @PenelopeGibbs2: % those not entering a plea (guilty/not guilty) up from 52% in 2010 to 74% now -so only minority of defs engage in thei… 1 day ago
- RT @EmilyMacLoud: The brilliant Sophie Walker of @SpeechToJustice joins @Familoo @AdamWagner1 & @MarkHannaMedia this afternoon at @BylineF… 1 day ago
- tempted to open next term's #medialaw #infolaw @SussCIGR lectures with this, can't think of a much better intro to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: lord hunt
News – Lord Hunt: Journalism is already ‘subject to the most extensive legal inhibitions, guidance and codes’
Inforrm's Blog There is no need for statutory media regulation because there are a whole range of statutory controls that presently exist, Lord Hunt of Wirral said at the launch of the new edition of McNae’s Essential Law for Journalists … Continue reading
A journalist with no formal legal training gave his name to the industry’s media law “bible”. Leonard McNae, 1902-1996, wrote the first Essential Law for Journalists for the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), which was published as … Continue reading