Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BrightonSanct: RefugeeWeek 2019 in Brighton & Hove: want to be involved? Interested in joining the Steering Committee? Meeting this Fri… 9 hours ago
- A must-follow for data protection & info law. After 49k+ (!) tweets @bainesy1969 is regenerating as @DataAdvisor twitter.com/DataAdvisor/st… 9 hours ago
- RT @lawrencemcn: Field guide and handbook on IHL for media professionals - may interest @ladywell23 @JTownend @NoraNiLoideain (scroll down… 1 day ago
- materials from this week's #onlinecourtsforum18 hosted by @HMCTSgovuk @computersandlaw @richardsusskind… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @LfL_Advicenow: Our chair, Amanda Finlay, made excellent points yesterday at #OnlineCourtsForum18. 'Easier' can be disastrous. Without e… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: david goldberg
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading