Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Here's the gov.uk story bit.ly/2yxGku7 and consultation page bit.ly/2yxGkKD #HEfreedomofspeech twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 2 days ago
- No sign of official announcement on @JoJohnsonUK or HE minister pgs bit.ly/2yydk5z / bit.ly/2yyi7UF #HEfreedomofspeech 2 days ago
- where is official announcement, or only via Times (paywalled)? Too important not to have widely available to public… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Seem a rather different direction of travel from introduction of new #Prevent event policies - how do these fit in? twitter.com/heather_prkr/s… 2 days ago
- v. problematic - given that no platform policies generally student unions / NUS - heavyhanded enforcement not a way… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: arbitration service
A crucial part of the draft Royal Charter is Clause 22, Schedule 3, on Arbitration services. Carl Gardner has previously written about the reasons that a lone blogger might want to be able to access these. Draft Royal Charter, Clauses … Continue reading
Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation … Continue reading