Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @rights_info: BREAKING: Looks like plans for a Bill of Rights could be delayed until after Brexit rightsinfo.org/plans-scrap-hu… https://t.co/v… 2 days ago
- Excellent to be part of this! Thanks to David Goldberg @article19org @CampaignFoI @infolawcentre @swedeninuk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Ditto. Got that lovely post event buzz from stimulating ideas & discussion. Great to see you all twitter.com/LynnFOI/status… 2 days ago
- RT @FoIManUK: Denham: we're getting there with privacy by design but we need to get to access by design #FOI250 2 days ago
- Liking ED's reference to Access by Design #foi250 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: arbitration service
A crucial part of the draft Royal Charter is Clause 22, Schedule 3, on Arbitration services. Carl Gardner has previously written about the reasons that a lone blogger might want to be able to access these. Draft Royal Charter, Clauses … Continue reading
Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation … Continue reading