This week’s round up leads with Leveson, of course, but there are other media law developments too: in O’Dwyer v ITV  EWHC 3321, Maisto v Kyrgiannakis and
Mengi v Hermitage  EWHC 3445 (QB).
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Should the judiciary speak out more? May interest @lawrencemcn @sammc123 @seethrujustice @Maggotlaw transformjustice.org.uk/should-the-jud… 3 hours ago
- Via @guardiannews Rudd's call for backdoor access suggests hazy grasp of encryption theguardian.com/technology/201… 3 hours ago
- Paul Bernal @BBCr4today on Rudd, encryption, and interception of communications twitter.com/PaulbernalUK/s… 4 hours ago
- RT @paul_clarke: Excellent thread. Needs to reach a wide audience. twitter.com/adrianshort/st… 13 hours ago
- 7 yrs in media law: libel reform, super injunctions, Leveson, phone hacking, DA 2013, growth of DP & MOPI: inforrm.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/inf… @Inforrm 17 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago