I’ve rounded up the past week in media law over at the Inforrm blog. The coming week should be a bit quieter, with no significant hearings listed in the courts, the House of Commons in recess and the Leveson Inquiry on a break until 27 February.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @NicolaCarr: A great opportunity for someone interested in doing a PhD on the policies and practices of UK universities for applicants w… 3 hours ago
- So, government disinclined to pursue any legislative reform to assist charitable forms of journalism [… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @jimwaterson: Response to Cairncross Review in summary: We won't set up an institution to promote public interest news, we don't want to… 3 hours ago
- overall assessment @sdp? twitter.com/sdp/status/122… 3 hours ago
- RT @AlfDubs: It is bitterly disappointing that after a victory in the Lords the government have voted down my amendment in the Commons. Wha… 5 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago