I’ve rounded up the year in media over on Inforrm, month by month. Its notable features included frenzied coverage of “super injunctions”, the development of the phone hacking scandal and the launch of the Leveson Inquiry. Defamation took a back seat, as privacy law grabbed British media attention.
But what will 2012 bring? Some items to pencil in the diary:
- Lord Justice Leveson’s report – scheduled to be published in September 2012.
- Joint committee on privacy and injunctions report.
- House of Lords Communications committee report on investigative journalism.
- The progress of the draft defamation bill.
- Developments in the police investigations Weeting, Elveden and Tuleta.
- Civil actions involving phone hacking claims against News International – a trial is due to begin in February 2012.
Read my full review here. Happy new year!