Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- post by @carlgardner reinforces argument for legal info at source for checking claims. allows analyses like this bit.ly/1cYDjRv 3 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: Outstanding post by @carlgardner on the "forced caesarean" case. A must-read. bit.ly/IsV4PN 4 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: Media Plurality Series: Is Ofcom’s ‘Share of References’ scheme fit for measuring media power?... http://t.co/ptmCW0jtm… 6 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: Launch of new media plurality blog series: please join the debate @LSEMPP and @mediaplurality! wp.me/p44L0N-6f 10 hours ago
- RT @AGO_UK: The full story explaining our publication of advice notes is here tinyurl.com/mp5d9ca and also info on contempt http://t.co/… 12 hours ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 12 hours ago
- SubScribe: Glasgow helicopter crash and the night of the citizen journalist: bit.ly/1jc1gcS #medialaw 2 days ago
- MST: David Yelland’s Leveson Anniversary Lecture, 29th November 2013 – Full Text: bit.ly/1injR7Y #medialaw 4 days ago
- RT @peterjukes: Back at #hackingtrial - but will have to bunk off half an hour early for live interview with R4 media show at 4.30 with @st… 1 week ago
- RT @INFORRM: Andrew Mitchell MP libel case, costs budget sanctions appeal dismissed bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading