Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 11 hours ago
- My Q to panel: what's worth preserving about the lobby system ? #psa2014 12 hours ago
- Helen Nugent v. interesting on pressures of job, writing numerous versions of story throughout day, minimising time to talk to ppl #psa2014 12 hours ago
- Focus so far on changes to lobby and pol reporting culture with digital speed etc #psa2014 - Ivor Gaber, Helen Nugent and Arif Ansari 13 hours ago
- RT @PolStudiesAssoc: .@ivorgaber "the buzz" has gone from W'minster; fewer working hours mean hacks have only 2 days to really get in there… 13 hours ago
- RT @BBCCollege: Copyright law: think hard before using something without permission bbc.in/1aOjKZO 4 days ago
- The Press Freedom Issue / April 2014 / Contributoria - community funded, collaborative journalism: bit.ly/1sGGSW0 #medialaw 5 days ago
- Contributoria: Court and council reporting - still a bedrock of local news?: bit.ly/1sGGRBp #medialaw 5 days ago
- Here's a workable proposal for online recording of reporting restrictions but will it be implemented? bit.ly/1i5cgJd 5 days ago
- Press Gazette>> Law set to give Attorney General power to edit online news archives in the run-up to... bit.ly/OzuneL #medialaw 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading