Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: Censorship chaos that echoes down decades: confused attempt to 'recall' news in WW2 @moidigital @IES_London ht… 6 hours ago
- .@AdamWagner1 you might be interested in @robertsharp59’s open Leveson report bit.ly/1xWAiPS & my post here bit.ly/1xWxXEC 1 day ago
- using @robertsharp59’s open Leveson report can link to specific secs & sub-secs eg, Vol III Part H on data protection bit.ly/1xWypCL 1 day ago
- oops, meant to say bravo not brave, although it must have been an enormously time-consuming endeavour @robertsharp59 ! 1 day ago
- Bravo @robertsharp59: an open, linkable HTML version of the Leveson Report… freed from the giant PDFs! bit.ly/1xWxXEC 1 day ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 day ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 weeks ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 1 month ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 2 months ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 2 months ago
Category Archives: photography
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
I recently looked into the fascinating field of digital forensics for the re-launched Insite blog (Colin Meek’s internet research skills/resources site). Specialists such as Professor Hany Farid and Professor Anthony TS Ho are honing techniques to analyse and detect digital … Continue reading
Photojournalist Marc Vallée has a story about Sussex police seizing a protester’s footage at an anti-facist protest (photographs here). On his blog, Vallée reports: The film cassette was seized by police on the street under Section 19 of the Police … Continue reading