Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @MediaPlurality: Media Plurality Series: Fixed ownership limits proposed for transparency and accountability - Justin Schlosberg http://… 1 day ago
- good luck!MT @stjohnstreet: We'll be at @CitySpark1 marketplace fair Thurs 6pm showing off our idea.Come & support us bit.ly/1cnjnJO 3 days ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 1st in new series with @LSEmediapolicy: by @stevenjbarnett - Is Ofcom's 'share of references' scheme fit for measuring … 3 days ago
- RT @BroughtonMicova: .@JTownend & I launched media plurality blog series bit.ly/1eOHlgA. We'd love contributions, esp. on local med… 3 days ago
- post by @carlgardner reinforces argument for legal info at source for checking claims. allows analyses like this bit.ly/1cYDjRv 3 days ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 3 days ago
- SubScribe: Glasgow helicopter crash and the night of the citizen journalist: bit.ly/1jc1gcS #medialaw 5 days ago
- MST: David Yelland’s Leveson Anniversary Lecture, 29th November 2013 – Full Text: bit.ly/1injR7Y #medialaw 1 week ago
- RT @peterjukes: Back at #hackingtrial - but will have to bunk off half an hour early for live interview with R4 media show at 4.30 with @st… 1 week ago
- RT @INFORRM: Andrew Mitchell MP libel case, costs budget sanctions appeal dismissed bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/… 1 week ago
Category Archives: photography
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
I recently looked into the fascinating field of digital forensics for the re-launched Insite blog (Colin Meek’s internet research skills/resources site). Specialists such as Professor Hany Farid and Professor Anthony TS Ho are honing techniques to analyse and detect digital … Continue reading
Photojournalist Marc Vallée has a story about Sussex police seizing a protester’s footage at an anti-facist protest (photographs here). On his blog, Vallée reports: The film cassette was seized by police on the street under Section 19 of the Police … Continue reading