Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- #humanityoflawyers @BeingHumanFest photos bit.ly/1YwiKEJ @caoilfhionnanna @actfortheact @justinerogers @otium_Catulle @greekie50 1 day ago
- lovely photos #humanityoflawyers @BeingHumanFest - exhib @IALS_law & event @TheInnerTemple bit.ly/1YwiKEJ https://t.co/H6zTNxsdOT 1 day ago
- RT @MichaelEades2: #BeingHuman15 at an end after 11 inspirational days. HUGE thanks to all who made it happen across the UK! https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: Robin Callender Smith @QMUL: Pics of celebrities' children off limits for media – unless parents consent https… 3 days ago
- piece by @_UoWCIR Marion Oswald @computersandlaw has 3 observations #IPBill - ingredients for "mature debate"? bit.ly/1lfJGtB 3 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 weeks ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 11 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 11 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 11 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Category Archives: photography
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
I recently looked into the fascinating field of digital forensics for the re-launched Insite blog (Colin Meek’s internet research skills/resources site). Specialists such as Professor Hany Farid and Professor Anthony TS Ho are honing techniques to analyse and detect digital … Continue reading
Photojournalist Marc Vallée has a story about Sussex police seizing a protester’s footage at an anti-facist protest (photographs here). On his blog, Vallée reports: The film cassette was seized by police on the street under Section 19 of the Police … Continue reading