Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Cameron quizzed on FOI extension to private co.s w. public contracts via @FOIdirectory bit.ly/1fbzBDt @CLARESAMBROOK @openDemocracy 11 hours ago
- RT @InfoGovScotland: And an FOI PhD Scholarship available at the University of Dundee: jobs.ac.uk/job/AIF326/phd… 12 hours ago
- RT @leowhitlock: Helvetica: one font to rule them all theguardian.com/artanddesign/2… via @guardian 1 day ago
- RT @susiea7: High Court rejects challenge to Azelle Rodney unlawful killing finding (Published on Thursday, 27 February, 2014)... http://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @stop_child_det: @JTownend @claresambrook Disappointed Julian Huppert & LibDems seem to think locking children up in 'pre departure acco… 4 days ago
- RT @JournLaw: Book Review | Blogging & Tweeting Without Getting Sued psnews.com.au/Bookreviewpsn3… via @psnewsonline Now at Griffith U of course! … 2 days ago
- Inforrm, Hugh Tomlinson: Privilege and reporting the contents of documents read by the court: bit.ly/1bX9rt9 #medialaw 4 days ago
- Inforrm: Judicial Statistics – defamation claims increased by 13%: bit.ly/1bX9rt5 #medialaw 4 days ago
- High Court to consider Data Panopticon Blog: Protection Act bid to halt reporting of corruption alle... bit.ly/1hHseGY #medialaw 6 days ago
- Guardian: Paul Foot award - Guardian wins special investigation prize for Snowden files: bit.ly/1jyD0Bt #medialaw 1 week ago
Category Archives: photography
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
I recently looked into the fascinating field of digital forensics for the re-launched Insite blog (Colin Meek’s internet research skills/resources site). Specialists such as Professor Hany Farid and Professor Anthony TS Ho are honing techniques to analyse and detect digital … Continue reading
Photojournalist Marc Vallée has a story about Sussex police seizing a protester’s footage at an anti-facist protest (photographs here). On his blog, Vallée reports: The film cassette was seized by police on the street under Section 19 of the Police … Continue reading