Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: Still time to apply (by 24/5) @IALS_law @SASNews recruiting for early career researcher in Information Law & Policy http… 22 hours ago
- Where is moral justification for actions that cost lives? academics speak out on Mediterranean crisis @openDemocracy bit.ly/1ShbsCB 1 day ago
- bravo to @ellgood @juliapowles for this on #googlespain anniversary Open Letter to Google From 80 Internet Scholars bit.ly/1FoARGO 6 days ago
- RT @BeingHumanFest: Rainbow flag on @SenateHouseLib to mark International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia on Sunday @may17IDAHOT htt… 6 days ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: New bk Media Power & Plurality (@Palgrave_) eds @stevenjbarnett (@UoW_CAMRI) @jtownend (@infolawcentre) launches 11/6 h… 6 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 6 months ago
Category Archives: photography
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
I recently looked into the fascinating field of digital forensics for the re-launched Insite blog (Colin Meek’s internet research skills/resources site). Specialists such as Professor Hany Farid and Professor Anthony TS Ho are honing techniques to analyse and detect digital … Continue reading
Photojournalist Marc Vallée has a story about Sussex police seizing a protester’s footage at an anti-facist protest (photographs here). On his blog, Vallée reports: The film cassette was seized by police on the street under Section 19 of the Police … Continue reading