Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Inspiring MT @nearlylegal profile of remarkable Nicola Mackintosh, community care lawyer par excellence, now hon QC theguardian.com/society/2014/a… 5 hours ago
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 20 hours ago
- My Q to panel: what's worth preserving about the lobby system ? #psa2014 21 hours ago
- Helen Nugent v. interesting on pressures of job, writing numerous versions of story throughout day, minimising time to talk to ppl #psa2014 21 hours ago
- Focus so far on changes to lobby and pol reporting culture with digital speed etc #psa2014 - Ivor Gaber, Helen Nugent and Arif Ansari 22 hours ago
- RT @BBCCollege: Copyright law: think hard before using something without permission bbc.in/1aOjKZO 5 days ago
- The Press Freedom Issue / April 2014 / Contributoria - community funded, collaborative journalism: bit.ly/1sGGSW0 #medialaw 5 days ago
- Contributoria: Court and council reporting - still a bedrock of local news?: bit.ly/1sGGRBp #medialaw 5 days ago
- Here's a workable proposal for online recording of reporting restrictions but will it be implemented? bit.ly/1i5cgJd 5 days ago
- Press Gazette>> Law set to give Attorney General power to edit online news archives in the run-up to... bit.ly/OzuneL #medialaw 1 week ago
Category Archives: photography
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
I recently looked into the fascinating field of digital forensics for the re-launched Insite blog (Colin Meek’s internet research skills/resources site). Specialists such as Professor Hany Farid and Professor Anthony TS Ho are honing techniques to analyse and detect digital … Continue reading
Photojournalist Marc Vallée has a story about Sussex police seizing a protester’s footage at an anti-facist protest (photographs here). On his blog, Vallée reports: The film cassette was seized by police on the street under Section 19 of the Police … Continue reading