Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @ladywell23: Committee to Protect Journalist’s 2014 Global Impunity Index on countries where journalists die & killers go free http://t… 3 days ago
- RT @newsbrooke: Intetesting new course on "computational journalism" created by @egrommet at Cardiff Uni. bit.ly/1t5ik9z 4 days ago
- speedy case comment via @SCRIPTCentre: The Data Retention Directive never existed - Judith Rauhofer and @macsithigh bit.ly/1r1OiQb 4 days ago
- Inspiring MT @nearlylegal profile of remarkable Nicola Mackintosh, community care lawyer par excellence, now hon QC theguardian.com/society/2014/a… 5 days ago
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 5 days ago
- FT.com: Letter from the Editor: on.ft.com/1tedYwR #medialaw 4 days ago
- Event, 20 May: "Inhuman Rights" - is The Sun right about the Human Rights?: bit.ly/1tedYwH #medialaw 4 days ago
- RT @robertsharp59: RT @ChrisWimpress: FT says no to Leveson and Ipso "we have decided to plot our own course" bit.ly/1tdGvCM <- FYI… 4 days ago
- DMLP: The Legal Needs of Emerging Online Media: The Online Media Legal Network after 500 Referrals: bit.ly/1hN9FnP #medialaw 4 days ago
- SCRIPTed - Rauhofer / Mac Sithigh: The Data Retention Directive Never Existed: bit.ly/1laFztb #medialaw 4 days ago
Tag Archives: drone journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading