Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: Still time to apply (by 24/5) @IALS_law @SASNews recruiting for early career researcher in Information Law & Policy http… 3 days ago
- Where is moral justification for actions that cost lives? academics speak out on Mediterranean crisis @openDemocracy bit.ly/1ShbsCB 3 days ago
- bravo to @ellgood @juliapowles for this on #googlespain anniversary Open Letter to Google From 80 Internet Scholars bit.ly/1FoARGO 1 week ago
- RT @BeingHumanFest: Rainbow flag on @SenateHouseLib to mark International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia on Sunday @may17IDAHOT htt… 1 week ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: New bk Media Power & Plurality (@Palgrave_) eds @stevenjbarnett (@UoW_CAMRI) @jtownend (@infolawcentre) launches 11/6 h… 1 week ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 6 months ago
Tag Archives: drone journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading