Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- too much to choose from #slsa2015 - now in ‘registering registration’ / 'hiding and revealing’ bit.ly/1EYLQk8 51 minutes ago
- RT @SLSA_UK: Delegates #slsa2015 , do you follow @SLSA_UK? Follower no.1500 will get to choose one of these socio-legal books: http://t.co/… 6 hours ago
- RT @Holly_PJ: If you are a young, BME, disabled or female journalist, pls join @NUJofficial - We need more council rep diversity: https://t… 23 hours ago
- special theme on Law Enforcement, Regulation and the Use, Abuse and Control of Information #SLSA2015 programme here: bit.ly/1G8FXVl 1 day ago
- Looking forward to #slsa2015 this week: sharing developing work @infolawcentre on ‘information about information law’, courts access & data 1 day ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 4 months ago
Tag Archives: drone journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading