Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @RenZephyr: That's Grand / Ah, now, don't push it / Right new you're takin the piss @daraobriain taxonomy of Irish law #gikii 16 hours ago
- Caroline adapting "Dara's" model of law to crossword community to explain norms and rules of crosswords - allows continued review #gikii 17 hours ago
- Caroline Wilson now on crossword communities. starting w. the origin of ground rules, dvlpment of niche areas w. national traditions #gikii 17 hours ago
- methodology issues for studying bitcoin - anon community etc. Set out in @ChrisTMarsden @technollama paper #gikii 17 hours ago
- Now robot judges by Anna Ronkainen #gikii. Reminds me of arduino gavel bashing judge created at @ScraperWiki hackday way back 20 hours ago
- The Herald [Zimbabwe]: Fib law struck off statutes: bit.ly/1pKIsTz #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @TimesLaw: Total clear out of law officers with both Dominic Grieve and Oliver Heald gone in reshuffle. Who is in charge overnight? #re… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Ten ways to ensure you don't get sued for libel (from Press Gazette's Defamation 2014... bit.ly/1ou3ANb #medialaw 1 month ago
- Mishcon: Defamation clarity for Parliamentary Privilege once again after a twenty year detour?: bit.ly/1oso6O4 #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @nickycain: 2nd reading of the Deregulation Bill (with media & comms provisions) in the House of Lords after 14:30 today: http://t.co/IN… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: drone journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading