Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- 'how privatisation really works' @opendemocracy @claresambrook bit.ly/1qeeg5p cf. contractors' exemption from FOI… @FOIdirectory 1 day ago
- RT @MaryRachel_McC: 1. Paddy Hill of #Birmingham6 warns legal aid cuts mean 'more innocent people going to jail' bit.ly/1kBZoNc 1 day ago
- RT @MaryRachel_McC: En route to London for #GraylingDay? Some @JusticeGap light reading for the train coming up…. http://t.co/g5Bj1UUQKa 1 day ago
- Cameron quizzed on FOI extension to private co.s w. public contracts via @FOIdirectory bit.ly/1fbzBDt @CLARESAMBROOK @openDemocracy 1 day ago
- RT @InfoGovScotland: And an FOI PhD Scholarship available at the University of Dundee: jobs.ac.uk/job/AIF326/phd… 1 day ago
- Courts listing data - one step back | Talk About Local: bit.ly/O2cpBE #medialaw 17 hours ago
- Hackgate in 140 characters, Peter Jukes - British Journalism Review, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2014: bit.ly/1nmZAP3 #medialaw 20 hours ago
- RT @copyrightgirl: Some great tools to help protect and/or licence your photos online: bbc.in/1cfJ1mG HT @MattNavarraUK @BBCClick #… 22 hours ago
- Irish Times [28 Feb]: Adoption cases at High Court adjourned pending protocol on media coverage - Th... bit.ly/NEjpVg #medialaw 1 day ago
- RT @jonslattery: Media Quotes of the Week: Journalists who've more Twitter followers than their papers and why pay for the Guardian?http://… 1 day ago
Tag Archives: drone journalism
Some specialists would prefer that we called drones by their official name, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. However, UAV journalism doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as ‘drone journalism’, which according to participants at a seminar in Oxford this week … Continue reading
New event, 22 October: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism workshop on use of drones in news gathering and event coverage
‘Drone journalism’ is coming to the UK, in perhaps the first event of its kind in Europe (the US is already ahead on this one, with the creation of the Drone Journalism Lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of … Continue reading