Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @Maggotlaw: Here is @seethrujustice written ev, by me @julie_doughty and @JTownend - data.parliament.uk/writtenevidenc… 1 week ago
- among the signatories, @sussexlaw #infolaw colleagues @ChrisTMarsden @technollama and me. a warning against ill-con… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- I'm among signatories to this twitter.com/creativecommon… 1 month ago
- RT @jessbrammar: 339 people with Caribbean heritage applied for the UK Civil Service Fast-track scheme in 2016. Not a single one got in. Wo… 1 month ago
- RT @JoshuaRozenberg: Ipso challenge fails: judiciary.gov.uk/judgments/jona… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: you be the judge
Digital courts: ‘You Be the Judge’ online feature cost £56k; plans for reporting restrictions database shelved
A Criminal Justice System website that presents video scenarios based on real court cases cost £56,403.60 (excl. VAT) to build, while plans for a central media database of reporting restrictions have been abandoned, Freedom of Information requests have shown. The … Continue reading