Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- my piece for @reformthinktank on digital courts reform & missing voices twitter.com/reformthinktan… 3 days ago
- important letter from @puzzlesthewill @GavinFreeguard @JeniT @BobbyDuffyKings @markcridge @HetanShah et al to Gov't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Welcome proposal that Brighton Council explore how to improve its recruitment of refugees. Part of its ‘Our People Promi… 4 days ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: Twitter hive mind I need your help! Does anyone have any good case studies of when collecting better data on users in the… 4 days ago
- RT @LucyCWelsh: Shout out to @SussexLaw's @yeoldefinch on her teaching to disrupt award for the Art/Law network sussex.ac.uk/news/features/… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: solicitors from hell
Fleet Street is divided, with many bitter words being exchanged between journalists from rival titles, as the Guardian came under attack for the “unlikely” allegation that NoW had deleted messages from Milly Dowler’s phone giving her mother “false hope” that … Continue reading
The Solicitors From Hell legal saga continues. Since the start of 2010 there have been 15 cases against the name-and-shame site’s owner, Rick Kordowski, with four currently awaiting permission to appeal. The outcome of only four cases is known, with … Continue reading