Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BHCETS: The council has resettled 14 refugee families since 2015 under the UK resettlement programme. If you are a private landlord wh… 5 hours ago
- BBC's justification in final paras indicates a key problem here: inequality perpetuates, if pay for a new role is b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- RT @MollyMEP: Please can @electoralcommuk confirm that Marcella - and thousands of others facing similar refusal - have the right to vote.… 7 hours ago
- RT @LucyCWelsh: Come work with me and colleagues in @SussexLaw and @sussexsociology on our @ESRC funded project about lawyers and the CCRC!… 7 hours ago
- excellent if grim reading in latest issue of @JusticeGap Proof magazine, beautifully illustrated, featuring art by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: solicitors from hell
Fleet Street is divided, with many bitter words being exchanged between journalists from rival titles, as the Guardian came under attack for the “unlikely” allegation that NoW had deleted messages from Milly Dowler’s phone giving her mother “false hope” that … Continue reading
The Solicitors From Hell legal saga continues. Since the start of 2010 there have been 15 cases against the name-and-shame site’s owner, Rick Kordowski, with four currently awaiting permission to appeal. The outcome of only four cases is known, with … Continue reading