Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @TheLawSociety: We condemn a Home Office video referring to immigration lawyers who provide legal advice to migrants as ‘activist lawyer… 3 weeks ago
- RT @marcusryder: “I was the first ever black female Lobby journalist... And indeed, 18 years on, I remain the only black female Lobby journ… 3 weeks ago
- RT @EachOtherUk: "...racial diversity does not only alter your perspective on race, it can also alter your entire perspective on how you vi… 3 weeks ago
- Via @guardiannews: We should be free to talk about racism without being penalised | Afua Hirsch theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ColinYeo1: Meanwhile, “activist lawyers” (aka “lawyers”), on behalf of their clients, hold the government to account for the ongoing ap… 3 weeks ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: piers morgan
As a former rather than incumbent editor of the Sun, Kelvin MacKenzie obviously felt he could afford to take quite a cavalier approach to his Leveson evidence (perhaps playing to what he said is his “punchy”, “sort of anti-establishment” character). … Continue reading
Chat show host Piers Morgan, who believes he may be perceived as a “young British upstart” in the US, has questioned the Guardian’s moral and ethical position as “great bishops of all things moral in the print trade”. Listen to … Continue reading