Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @rmw: Home Office has “utterly failed” to ensure safety of people in immigration detention centres @CommonsHomeAffs finds https://t.co/K… 5 hours ago
- v interesting thread on access to info about SJP cases. As w. much courts data, there's inconsistent practice - at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- RT @kirkkorner: Adding to the secrecy now is the court service's new 'contact centre', which has been set up to deal with enquiries. While… 7 hours ago
- RT @TellMamaUK: The horrific terrorist attack in New Zealand has affected Muslim communities here in the UK. If you are a victim of anti-Mu… 1 day ago
- RT @safepassageuk: @AlfDubs speaking on @BBCRadio4 "Refugees are vulnerable in the camp and they're vulnerable in the back of lorries. I gr… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: new media industrial council
[Booking / full details at Eventbrite] When: Saturday 26 October 2013, 10:00 – 19:00 Where: New Academic Building, Goldsmiths University of London, London SE14 6NW Details: Leveson, royal charter(s), libel reform – UK law is changing and its impact on the internet is … Continue reading