Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Child asylum case brought by @BHT_Sussex. More comment by @AndyWinterBN1 @bhcitynews here: bit.ly/2vEaT2e twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 1 week ago
- “A child is foremost a child before he or she is a refugee” new guidance for tribunals in CA case @gardencourtlaw bit.ly/2vDz1lM 1 week ago
- Useful thread here, and also see @bainesy1969 here: informationrightsandwrongs.com/2017/08/07/dcm… #dataprotection #GDPR twitter.com/jon_belcher/st… 1 week ago
- RT @BitOfALegalGeek: Data Protection Bill statement of intent gov.uk/government/con… basically GDPR implementation. Gov plans to retain s3… 1 week ago
- RT @AngelaDSaini: People ask me why I needed to write a book in 2017 about why women really are the intellectual equals of men. This is why… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: nadpo
I dipped my toe in the curious world of data protection enforcement yesterday [4 June], at the first joint seminar of the DP Forum and NADPO (The National Association of Data Protection Officers). The theme was ‘The challenges of complying … Continue reading