Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @lawrencemcn: Field guide and handbook on IHL for media professionals - may interest @ladywell23 @JTownend @NoraNiLoideain (scroll down… 17 hours ago
- materials from this week's #onlinecourtsforum18 hosted by @HMCTSgovuk @computersandlaw @richardsusskind… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @LfL_Advicenow: Our chair, Amanda Finlay, made excellent points yesterday at #OnlineCourtsForum18. 'Easier' can be disastrous. Without e… 5 days ago
- RT @CarolStorerA2J: #OnlineCourtsForum18 Much to think about. How does move to online procedures affect inquisitorial v adversarial? The r… 6 days ago
- RT @computersandlaw: @shannonnsalter if you get 19 lawyers in a room to ponder what online court users will need they will invariably be wr… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: learnmore
Guest post by Lawbore The Lawbore website was born a whole decade ago, in 2002, at a time when there were few websites for lawyers or law students. Today of course, all branches of the legal profession enjoys consuming and … Continue reading