Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- on free speech & justice - linking the Gilham case to access issues for journalists, plus links to my report and fl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @alisonphipps: It's me with the fantastic @ChantelleJLewis and @GoAddo of @survivesocpod, talking about my new book 'Me, Not You: the tr… 1 day ago
- RT @rose_zussman: In other news, @cabinetofficeuk preparing to launch a consultation on electoral integrity - on digital ads, loopholes on… 1 day ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: MOJ are seeking to understand the key asks from the law tech sector with regard to data- really important that those work… 2 days ago
- open justice isn't just a matter of being able to fully report all details, it's about third party scrutiny of proc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: full fact
Full Fact: “Open justice in this century must mean more than merely being able to walk into the courtroom”
Full Fact is a non-profit fact-checking organisation based in the UK, which has given oral and written evidence to the Leveson Inquiry. Part of its submission on ‘The internet and the Inquiry’ [PDF] concerns access to judicial information, which Full … Continue reading