Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @lawrencemcn: Field guide and handbook on IHL for media professionals - may interest @ladywell23 @JTownend @NoraNiLoideain (scroll down… 16 hours ago
- materials from this week's #onlinecourtsforum18 hosted by @HMCTSgovuk @computersandlaw @richardsusskind… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @LfL_Advicenow: Our chair, Amanda Finlay, made excellent points yesterday at #OnlineCourtsForum18. 'Easier' can be disastrous. Without e… 5 days ago
- RT @CarolStorerA2J: #OnlineCourtsForum18 Much to think about. How does move to online procedures affect inquisitorial v adversarial? The r… 6 days ago
- RT @computersandlaw: @shannonnsalter if you get 19 lawyers in a room to ponder what online court users will need they will invariably be wr… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: early resolution
Lots of libel related news this week.Former Times legal manager Alastair Brett and the retired High Court judge Sir Charles Gray have launched their new Early Resolution scheme, as I’ve reported on Inforrm and Index on Censorship. The Daily Mail … Continue reading