We’re nearing the end of January and we’ve already seen a flurry of media law activity: this week’s round up covers defamation statements in open court, a privacy injunction and two PCC adjudications (not upheld). And what are the legal implications for Lance Armstrong following his television confession?
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @leader_kate: Good outcome but anyone surprised by this has not been to a Mags in ages. No free representation if not facing imprisonabl… 1 hour ago
- RT @JoePTomlinson: PLP is hosting a seminar discussion on "Remote Justice? Access to courts and tribunals during the pandemic." It's free a… 1 hour ago
- RT @Kirsty_Brimelow: The positive power of twitter and the importance of the press as the eyes and ears of the public. Thank you everyone.… 3 hours ago
- RT @JTownend: I have made inquiries to @DHSCgovuk press office, and to the Coronavirus Bill team but have not heard back yet. I have now ma… 3 hours ago
- RT @nhelberger: A question to the experts: what safer alternatives to zoom do you recommend (security, no commercial data sharing, etc)? A… 4 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago