We’re nearing the end of January and we’ve already seen a flurry of media law activity: this week’s round up covers defamation statements in open court, a privacy injunction and two PCC adjudications (not upheld). And what are the legal implications for Lance Armstrong following his television confession?
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @Laura_Padoan: There’s just a few days left to take action. Please share and sign the petition to send a message to the Home Secretary t… 19 hours ago
- RT @ChrisStacey: This! 👇 "Why after all I achieved to better myself I am constantly being punished, constantly being set back. I can never… 19 hours ago
- RT @lawtweets: From @ukhumanrightsb: “Secret Justice”: An Oxymoron and the Overdue Review dlvr.it/RNwDQH https://t.co/yUdgkG8QP9 19 hours ago
- RT @DavidErdos: The application of the DP Children's Design Code to the #journalism media has been esp controversial & final text includes… 19 hours ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Please join us outside Hove Town hall at 4pm on Thursday in support of @BrightonHoveCC 's motion to hold Boris Johnson t… 22 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago