The first round up of 2013. A little quieter than normal, but things will pick up next week, when Parliament is sitting and the Hilary term has begun at the High Court.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Excellent reflection by @glendacooper on online doorstepping issues based on extensive research with those feature… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- also see excellent analysis-by-tweet by @nearlylegal here: bit.ly/2rDbyz6 twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 2 days ago
- this is why open judgments are so vital! @julie_doughty looks at case of 'H', 15 yo subject of latest Booker column bit.ly/2rDtU38 2 days ago
- Discussion @pressgazette on appropriate role for journalists when reporting tragic events: bit.ly/2rD5ZR8 cc. @sallyanneduncan 2 days ago
- RT @DartCenter: Those covering #Manchester bombing: see tips for interviewing survivors, self-care, working w/traumatic imagery https://t.c… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago