Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- This egregious inequality has been on my mind since watching BBC's Meet the Lords. Glad to see @electoralreform hig… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- RT @bricksilk: Countering extremism in the UK: my 40-minute @BBCRadio4 documentary, "Understanding #Prevent", is now online: https://t.co/u… 18 hours ago
- On @onradio4now twitter.com/BBC_CurrAff/st… 1 day ago
- Ed by @silviowaisbord & Howard Tumber. Feat @amelia263 @JulianPetley @Livingstone_S @glendacooper @StuartAllan123… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- It's here: @routledgebooks Companion to Media & Human Rights. my chapter is on Freedom of Expression & the Chilling… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago