My round up of the past week in media law for the Inforrm blog can be found at this link. Today’s top media law reads (since I compiled that) include: David Allen Green on the “story of what happens what an entire system fails”; Catherine Bennett on historian Niall Ferguson’s objections to an LRB review; and The Lawyer reporting Sweet & Maxwell’s stats on privacy injunctions (I’ll try and get hold of the original report).
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: Great PhD Studentship opportunity - The Role of Social Media Images in Fake News (with @flygirltwo and @cward1e) https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @ShoaibMKhan: Following my complaint, the @Daily_Express has now published this correction. So, just about six major errors in the artic… 1 day ago
- RT @SussexUniPress: Sussex historian @Joanne_Paul_ will reveal in BBC programme how 'fake news' was alive and well over 400 years ago https… 1 day ago
- great tips/insights from my colleague Prof @alisonphipps on improving academic gender equality bit.ly/2nwYmK8 1 day ago
- RT @TechJust: We're extending the deadline for this CfP until 25 March. Come discuss your work in progress in small & collegial environmen… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago