Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- interesting eg. of @UKSupremeCourt responding to media, via @FullFact: Lord Neuberger unveiled? bit.ly/1Dg2CcO cc. @JudicialImages 2 days ago
- RT @guardian: Prince Charles letters may not be released until late July trib.al/QapLH2p 2 days ago
- RT @jonty98: EU has ducked its responsibility on refugees. As a result thousands are dying #boat people theconversation.com/deaths-at-sea-… via @Convers… 2 days ago
- New @rights_info looks v. good so far … here’s speech & protest section: bit.ly/1OesO3t & privacy: bit.ly/1OesP7t #medialaw 3 days ago
- RT @lawbore: Law students behold! Fab new resource launched by @AdamWagner1 @rights_info rightsinfo.org Human Rights myth-busting +… 3 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 5 months ago
Tag Archives: arbitration service
A crucial part of the draft Royal Charter is Clause 22, Schedule 3, on Arbitration services. Carl Gardner has previously written about the reasons that a lone blogger might want to be able to access these. Draft Royal Charter, Clauses … Continue reading
Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation … Continue reading