Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- The “human cost” of our outdated court system via @PenelopeGibbs2 bit.ly/1Rk57UZ 2 days ago
- RT @MaryRachel_McC: Well worth reading this stunning piece of writing from @LucieBoase on @JusticeGap about her journey to Calais http://t.… 2 days ago
- Oregon Community College Shooting: Resources for Journalists | Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma @DartCenter bit.ly/1L8o647 2 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: trainers frm @DartCenter @UoLondon @CRASSHlive + more for social researchers needing focused legal overview https://t.c… 2 days ago
- Custom cryptic crosswords can be commissioned here: bit.ly/1P7UlCa feat @claretxwords, as now seen in 1 Across! 3 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 9 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 10 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 10 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 10 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 10 months ago
Tag Archives: arbitration service
A crucial part of the draft Royal Charter is Clause 22, Schedule 3, on Arbitration services. Carl Gardner has previously written about the reasons that a lone blogger might want to be able to access these. Draft Royal Charter, Clauses … Continue reading
Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation … Continue reading