Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation for the British media. He suggests the board of this new body should provide an arbitral process on a cost-only basis to subscribing members of the system, which would be open to ‘all publishers on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms’.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @davidgauntlett: We are advertising PhD scholarships in the Faculty of Media, Art & Design, Univ of Westminster - deadline 17 January: h… 3 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 3rd in our Media Plurality Series with @LSEMediaPolicy: "European level inertia is not justified" by Petros Iosifidis h… 3 hours ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #indexawards2014 Just a few hours left. Make your nomination now bit.ly/19FYCE5 via @IndexCensorship 3 hours ago
- last RT via the excellent and open access @lseimpactblog 3 hours ago
- By @PJDunleavy 'Unless industry rethinks OA prices, unis cld soon be publishing peer reviewed work for themselves' bit.ly/1fcLUSN 3 hours ago
- LexisWeb>> [Family law] Make them mediate! Is there a case for compulsion?: bit.ly/1dgty1q #medialaw 6 hours ago
- RT @SkyFixerJim: Morning, it's day 28 of the #hackingtrial believe it or not. We're a little thinned-out in the press benches. Four defenda… 7 hours ago
- by @jheawood @guardian: 'Why the Impress Project wants to talk about press regulation' bit.ly/IUQVEf 1 day ago
- Event, LSE, 10 December: From Moral Panics to States of Denia - A celebration of the life and work o... bit.ly/1iMFT4h #medialaw 1 day ago
- Prospectus | The IMPRESS Project: bit.ly/1f9ETSF #medialaw 1 day ago