Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation for the British media. He suggests the board of this new body should provide an arbitral process on a cost-only basis to subscribing members of the system, which would be open to ‘all publishers on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms’.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Survey for journalists and bloggers in England & WalesShare your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in this online anonymous survey
- RT @zizip: @KarinWahlJ: like button a light decision with far reaching consequences in informing affective architecture of Facebook #ica13 24 minutes ago
- RT @LSEmediapolicy: For background info before #ICA13's panel on "UK Journalism Debacle"check out our policy brief on UK media #pluralism h… 38 minutes ago
- Of interest @alexkantoniou? #ica13 paper: Obscenity to the Max: Max Hardcore, Comm. Standards & “Works as a Whole” Online by Leone & Herbeck 1 day ago
- Cross-state / jurisdiction issues in lively paper #ica_clp #ica13: Obscenity to the Max by R. Leone (Stonehill), D. Herbeck (Northeastern) 1 day ago
- Is there an official # for law & policy section at #ica13? 1 day ago
- RT @JudiciaryUK: @JohnHyde1982 @JackofKent Judge's don't automatically write out their sentencing remarks - often not time - anyone can ord… 27 minutes ago
- House of Commons - CMS Committee - Written Evidence: bit.ly/19RivwV #medialaw 22 hours ago
- The Conversation, Casey Bergman>> Social media is shaping dialogue between scientists and journals: bit.ly/16JufxX #medialaw 22 hours ago
- DUP defends libel law veto - Latest - Belfast Newsletter: Finance Minister Sammy Wilson’s decision t... bit.ly/15aBpYD #medialaw 3 days ago
- ABA Journal>> As libel trial losers battle $1M legal bill, FBI probes claimed mid-trial DUI set-up o... bit.ly/18OY4RY #medialaw 3 days ago