Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @AdamWagner1: This incredibly useful document sets out of all the important European Court of Human Rights case law on the UK http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: Next up in our Media Plurality Series with @LSEMediaPolicy: The transparency of media ownership - Mark Thompson http://… 1 day ago
- RT @hiig_berlin: We just updated one blog post on the #ESRC: hiig.de/en/some-impres… Now with the presentations of @JTownend & Stephan Dreyer 1 day ago
- RT @BBCr4today: You can read Randy Schekman's full article about scientific journals here: bit.ly/18wZRsY (via the @guardian) #r4to… 3 days ago
- RT @davidgauntlett: We are advertising PhD scholarships in the Faculty of Media, Art & Design, Univ of Westminster - deadline 17 January: h… 3 days ago
- RT @impressproject: @jheawood is on Media Show on @BBCRadio4 at 4.30pm today. Looking forward to talking to excellent @steve_hewlett about … 1 day ago
- LexisWeb>> [Family law] Make them mediate! Is there a case for compulsion?: bit.ly/1dgty1q #medialaw 3 days ago
- RT @SkyFixerJim: Morning, it's day 28 of the #hackingtrial believe it or not. We're a little thinned-out in the press benches. Four defenda… 3 days ago
- by @jheawood @guardian: 'Why the Impress Project wants to talk about press regulation' bit.ly/IUQVEf 4 days ago
- Event, LSE, 10 December: From Moral Panics to States of Denia - A celebration of the life and work o... bit.ly/1iMFT4h #medialaw 4 days ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading