Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @girlondon: Any hyperlocals out there who've had experience w/ @googlenews? I'd like to ask a couple of qs @mytongwynlais @thecitytalkin… 16 hours ago
- Funded PhD opportunity @UoW_CAMRI based at Uni of Westminster & EIJC, Leipzig on Press & Media Freedom in Europe bit.ly/1rxbxou 1 month ago
- Now looking forward to rural spaces session in community communication; will talk about UK hyperlocals #iamcr2014 1 month ago
- open letter from @ChrisTMarsden @PaulbernalUK @macsithigh @lilianedwards et al on #drip bill: slidesha.re/1jU8HsV 1 month ago
- final law session #iamcr2014 w Chun Liu, Juan Du, Anthony Lowstedt at 2pm TB6 China/India/transnational - broadband/governance/human rights 1 month ago
- The Herald [Zimbabwe]: Fib law struck off statutes: bit.ly/1pKIsTz #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @TimesLaw: Total clear out of law officers with both Dominic Grieve and Oliver Heald gone in reshuffle. Who is in charge overnight? #re… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Ten ways to ensure you don't get sued for libel (from Press Gazette's Defamation 2014... bit.ly/1ou3ANb #medialaw 1 month ago
- Mishcon: Defamation clarity for Parliamentary Privilege once again after a twenty year detour?: bit.ly/1oso6O4 #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @nickycain: 2nd reading of the Deregulation Bill (with media & comms provisions) in the House of Lords after 14:30 today: http://t.co/IN… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading