Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @rasmus_kleis: Come work with us! "@risj_oxford: Have you prepared your #journalism #fellowship application? Deadline 30 Jan 2015 http:… 9 hours ago
- Isobel Williams’ work relevant to discussion at L. Mulcahy’s seminar @citycljj on photog ban bit.ly/1sIB5CZ @LSELaw @JudicialImages 19 hours ago
- Thank you @otium_catulle for thoughts on drawing from Supreme Court, her view from the public seats: bit.ly/1sIzrkB 19 hours ago
- RT @TheSmallPlaces: Some thoughts on #JusticeforNico (and #Cheshire) thesmallplaces.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/jus… 6 days ago
- ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: bit.ly/1vY2IYa 6 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 6 days ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 week ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 week ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 weeks ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 1 month ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading