Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @humanressay: New post: Merris Amos on arguments against the British Bill of Rights #HRA #QueensSpeech buff.ly/1Rl20fW http://t.c… 1 hour ago
- RT @AdamWagner1: And here is the tiny vague mention of human rights reform in the Queen's Speech twitter.com/timmorton2/sta… 1 hour ago
- RT @BroughtonMicova: This is important folks! IT & Media law & policy experts warn on changes in surveillance #law; #DRIPA again http://t.c… 1 day ago
- Campaign to save the Human Rights Act bit.ly/1J1Rkjk via @AmnestyUK 1 day ago
- RT @rachelrlogan: You did it! Big spread in today's @timesonline newspaper: people standing up to tell Gove to save the #HumanRightsAct htt… 1 day ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 6 months ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading