Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @ladywell23: Committee to Protect Journalist’s 2014 Global Impunity Index on countries where journalists die & killers go free http://t… 2 days ago
- RT @newsbrooke: Intetesting new course on "computational journalism" created by @egrommet at Cardiff Uni. bit.ly/1t5ik9z 2 days ago
- speedy case comment via @SCRIPTCentre: The Data Retention Directive never existed - Judith Rauhofer and @macsithigh bit.ly/1r1OiQb 2 days ago
- Inspiring MT @nearlylegal profile of remarkable Nicola Mackintosh, community care lawyer par excellence, now hon QC theguardian.com/society/2014/a… 3 days ago
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 4 days ago
- FT.com: Letter from the Editor: on.ft.com/1tedYwR #medialaw 2 days ago
- Event, 20 May: "Inhuman Rights" - is The Sun right about the Human Rights?: bit.ly/1tedYwH #medialaw 2 days ago
- RT @robertsharp59: RT @ChrisWimpress: FT says no to Leveson and Ipso "we have decided to plot our own course" bit.ly/1tdGvCM <- FYI… 2 days ago
- DMLP: The Legal Needs of Emerging Online Media: The Online Media Legal Network after 500 Referrals: bit.ly/1hN9FnP #medialaw 2 days ago
- SCRIPTed - Rauhofer / Mac Sithigh: The Data Retention Directive Never Existed: bit.ly/1laFztb #medialaw 2 days ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading