Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Excellent piece on psychological and social implications for whistleblowers by @wiresmith: whistleblowers 10 years on gu.com/p/43dbg 9 hours ago
- RT @robevansgdn: This Monday - 9-year battle by @guardian to obtain Prince Charles’ letters to govt ministers reaches supreme court http://… 10 hours ago
- RT @MichaelEades2: Bee - ing Human on the roof of @IALS_law for @BeingHumanFest http://t.co/yCUXAtZ9Wg 1 day ago
- 1st post on our @infolawcentre blog - a write up, with pics, from #beinghuman14 Humanity of Judging event bit.ly/11COwam @IALS_law 1 day ago
- RT @picard_robert: UK/Irish journalists invited to take Reuters Institute survey on future of journalistic work. #nuj surveymonkey.com/s/DMQG8T6 1 day ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 1 week ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 1 month ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 2 months ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 2 months ago
- RT @mediaguardian: European court to investigate laws allowing GCHQ to snoop on journalists: bit.ly/1uEfclb 2 months ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading