Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @bainesy1969: Why is Nick Clegg calling for data protection public interest protections for journalists when they already exist? http://… 36 minutes ago
- RT @yorkierosie: Zelo Street: Two Years For Trolling Was Not News zelo-street.blogspot.com/2014/10/two-ye… 10 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: Here is the Parliament website on the Bill: services.parliament.uk/bills/2014-15/… Yesterday's troll sentence "news" been in Bill since be… 11 hours ago
- Top stories @mediaguardian (1,3-5) reminder why HL inquiry on women in news v. welcome @suzannehfranks @janemartinson http://t.co/njcHjG5SRJ 1 day ago
- RT @owenboswarva: Filming using #drones must comply with #dataprotection laws, says ICO bit.ly/1riTLBJ | @outlawnews coverage of ne… 3 days ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 11 hours ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 1 month ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 1 month ago
- RT @mediaguardian: European court to investigate laws allowing GCHQ to snoop on journalists: bit.ly/1uEfclb 1 month ago
- David Banks, Guardian: Complaining to Ipso can lead you into a tangled web: bit.ly/1wmSQrs #medialaw 1 month ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading