Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @IdeasTap: Journalists! Apply for a free place on a media law masterclass with @guardian's Director of Editorial Legal Services: http://… 5 hours ago
- The incredible back story of @Jamalmosman's route into journalism via @BBCcollege bbc.co.uk/blogs/blogcoll… 6 hours ago
- RT @peterjukes: 27 years to the day since Daniel Morgan murdered. Spare a thought for @AlastairMorgan who has never given up seeking justic… 1 day ago
- 'how privatisation really works' @opendemocracy @claresambrook bit.ly/1qeeg5p cf. contractors' exemption from FOI… @FOIdirectory 4 days ago
- RT @MaryRachel_McC: 1. Paddy Hill of #Birmingham6 warns legal aid cuts mean 'more innocent people going to jail' bit.ly/1kBZoNc 4 days ago
- RT @peterjukes: Brooks wasn't in for Dan Evans evidence - but read something about it on twitter. 9 hours ago
- Courts listing data - one step back | Talk About Local: bit.ly/O2cpBE #medialaw 4 days ago
- Hackgate in 140 characters, Peter Jukes - British Journalism Review, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2014: bit.ly/1nmZAP3 #medialaw 4 days ago
- RT @copyrightgirl: Some great tools to help protect and/or licence your photos online: bbc.in/1cfJ1mG HT @MattNavarraUK @BBCClick #… 4 days ago
- Irish Times [28 Feb]: Adoption cases at High Court adjourned pending protocol on media coverage - Th... bit.ly/NEjpVg #medialaw 4 days ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading