Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @macsithigh: Honoured to be on @infolawcentre's Advisory Board ials.sas.ac.uk/research/clip/… with some real stars of the field. Centre launch e… 1 day ago
- Via @ConversationUK, @meljbunce @cityjournalism: Serial’s ethics of true-crime reporting are commendable bit.ly/1Jlvlnq 1 day ago
- Event 20/01. DP Act 1984, FoI Act 2000: 30 + 15 yrs on. James Michael lecture @IALS_law bit.ly/1w5jcIP @bainesy1969 @foiman @Inforrm 2 days ago
- RT @rasmus_kleis: Come work with us! "@risj_oxford: Have you prepared your #journalism #fellowship application? Deadline 30 Jan 2015 http:… 2 days ago
- Isobel Williams’ work relevant to discussion at L. Mulcahy’s seminar @citycljj on photog ban bit.ly/1sIB5CZ @LSELaw @JudicialImages 3 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 week ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 week ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 week ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 weeks ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 1 month ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading