Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- A petition to EU leaders to provide more safe & legal routes; to strengthen search & rescue ops in seas bit.ly/YNNZ4F @SOS_Europe 14 hours ago
- via @SOS_Europe: Mediterranean migrant boat shipwrecks highlight need for EU action bit.ly/YNMWlr #Libya #SOSEurope 14 hours ago
- RT @PaulbernalUK: Could the key to dissenting opinions in the House of Lords and Supreme Court be the location of the coffee pot? #slsnottm 6 days ago
- McEwan inspired by reading judgments MT @onradio4now: Open Book: Ian McEwan on his new novel The Children Act bit.ly/1wauD4u 1 week ago
- RT @jonhew: News release: bit.ly/1nyf2GU RT @cg_williams: IPC Media - the once-mighty 'ministry of magazines' - is being rebranded … 1 week ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 12 hours ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 12 hours ago
- RT @mediaguardian: European court to investigate laws allowing GCHQ to snoop on journalists: bit.ly/1uEfclb 12 hours ago
- David Banks, Guardian: Complaining to Ipso can lead you into a tangled web: bit.ly/1wmSQrs #medialaw 4 days ago
- New book via @justicegap - The First Miscarriage of Justice: The ‘unreported and amazing’ Case of To... bit.ly/1xTS5b5 #medialaw 4 days ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading