Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- By @mckinneytweets @FullFact Cracking up: efficiency in the criminal courts bit.ly/1Iuap9P cc. @PenelopeGibbs2 3 days ago
- can't make @gikii @hiig_berlin in late sept & will be v. envious of all those there! Today's deadline for abstracts twitter.com/gikii/status/6… 3 days ago
- I've been doing some housekeeping & remembered my old blog @meejalaw. Little post with a farewell, of sorts: bit.ly/1JzXRTA 3 days ago
- Third attempt at writing out website name without shortening! It's Familycourtinfo (.org.uk) twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 3 days ago
- bit.ly/1fNZmkZ: basic info about family courts for Bristol, Weston, Gloucester and Bath (via @Familoo) twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 3 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 7 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 8 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 8 months ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading