Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Analysis by @CampaignFoI on explicit mentions of FoI in party manifestos bit.ly/1PXm6wW 2 days ago
- Ponsford @pressgazette on Tory idea for bus. rates relief for local press: unless ringfenced for journ,likely go to shareholders via profits 2 days ago
- overview of media-related proposals in manifestos by @Domponsford @pressgazette - regulation, ownership, RIPA bit.ly/1PXimvy 2 days ago
- RT @arusbridger: The court reporting notebooks of @iancobain are locked up inside MI5 offices.You couldn't make it up gu.com/p/47t6m/stw 2 days ago
- .@GreensladeR on Argus re-vamp & Cameron guest piece #brighton: bit.ly/1DOMQe8 2 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 5 months ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading