Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @davidgauntlett: PhD scholarships offered for talented researchers in media, art & design at @UniWestminster: westminster.ac.uk/courses/resear… Dea… 3 days ago
- Great line up for 'FoI 10 Years On’ 4 Feb @cityjournalism w. @newsbrooke @GreensladeR @rosenbaum6 @tomfelle @ICOnews bit.ly/15x0NPO 3 days ago
- will be mentioning upcoming #infolaw events @infolawcentre blog later: please @, DM or email details of anything you’d like included, cheers 4 days ago
- RT @dsbennett: Citing our research, @CrowdControlHQ asks whether the military should build its own social media platforms. http://t.co/ZTkT… 5 days ago
- 140 chs? I'm CHILLED (chilled? ed.) Yes! Detrimental deterrence of legit defendable speech (enough, ed.) #censored #moretosay #ShareMyThesis 5 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 month ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 month ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 months ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading