Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @lilianedwards: Great speech by @MacSithigh on the highs and lows of IT law in last 5 years lexferenda.com/05032015/compu… 2 hours ago
- RT @infolawcentre: is shifting privacy responsibility onto individual letting society off hook?@_UoWCIR’s M Oswald @infolawcentre launch ht… 1 day ago
- RT @frasereC4: Steve Symonds, Amnesty says "System has lost sight of the human lives at its heart." Reform of system "long overdue" #Insi… 2 days ago
- RT @Channel4News: Labour's Keith Vaz calls for review of Serco's Yarl's Wood contract after last night's #c4news piece #InsideYarlsWood htt… 2 days ago
- RT @mysociety: Big news from our Director @steiny today: mysociety.org/2015/03/02/mys… 3 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 3 months ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading