Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @davidgauntlett: PhD scholarships offered for talented researchers in media, art & design at @UniWestminster: westminster.ac.uk/courses/resear… Dea… 2 days ago
- Great line up for 'FoI 10 Years On’ 4 Feb @cityjournalism w. @newsbrooke @GreensladeR @rosenbaum6 @tomfelle @ICOnews bit.ly/15x0NPO 2 days ago
- will be mentioning upcoming #infolaw events @infolawcentre blog later: please @, DM or email details of anything you’d like included, cheers 3 days ago
- RT @dsbennett: Citing our research, @CrowdControlHQ asks whether the military should build its own social media platforms. http://t.co/ZTkT… 4 days ago
- 140 chs? I'm CHILLED (chilled? ed.) Yes! Detrimental deterrence of legit defendable speech (enough, ed.) #censored #moretosay #ShareMyThesis 4 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 month ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 month ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 months ago
Tag Archives: press complaints commission
We’re nearing the end of January and we’ve already seen a flurry of media law activity: this week’s round up covers defamation statements in open court, a privacy injunction and two PCC adjudications (not upheld). And what are the legal … Continue reading
News – Lord Hunt: Journalism is already ‘subject to the most extensive legal inhibitions, guidance and codes’
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
There is no need for statutory media regulation because there are a whole range of statutory controls that presently exist, Lord Hunt of Wirral said at the launch of the new edition of McNae’s…
The outgoing chairman of the Press Complaints Commission last night singled out the Guardian for allegedly misquoting her “non-stop” for the past three years. Baroness Buscombe, who will step down from the self-regulation body in the new year this week, … Continue reading
According to a report by Press Gazette, the Press Complaints Commission has reached a settlement with media lawyer Mark Lewis, who sued the self-regulatory body for libel earlier this year. Media Guardian reports: The commission [PCC] and the baroness [Buscombe, … Continue reading