Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @ruskin147: bbc.co.uk/news/technolog… My blogpost yesterday on Investigatory Powers bill - and how it's labout more than just data retention 12 hours ago
- Academics call for scrutiny of surveillance law #SnoopersCharter #investigatorypowers slideshare.net/AndrewMurray3/… @AndrewDMurray @PaulbernalUK 12 hours ago
- here's @Channel4News clip feat Senate House bit.ly/1PPhmvY #ripa #SnoopersCharter @SASNews @moidigital http://t.co/9fC3Ix1QbP 13 hours ago
- RT @infolawcentre: a chance to see inside Senate House on 10th June: @sasnews open day w. Ministry of Information tours http://t.co/jMJrHUA… 1 day ago
- RT @infolawcentre: on that note, see academics’ letter to MPs calling for greater scrutiny of surveillance laws bit.ly/1J1P2Rr @sas… 1 day ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 6 months ago
Tag Archives: press complaints commission
We’re nearing the end of January and we’ve already seen a flurry of media law activity: this week’s round up covers defamation statements in open court, a privacy injunction and two PCC adjudications (not upheld). And what are the legal … Continue reading
News – Lord Hunt: Journalism is already ‘subject to the most extensive legal inhibitions, guidance and codes’
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
There is no need for statutory media regulation because there are a whole range of statutory controls that presently exist, Lord Hunt of Wirral said at the launch of the new edition of McNae’s…
The outgoing chairman of the Press Complaints Commission last night singled out the Guardian for allegedly misquoting her “non-stop” for the past three years. Baroness Buscombe, who will step down from the self-regulation body in the new year this week, … Continue reading
According to a report by Press Gazette, the Press Complaints Commission has reached a settlement with media lawyer Mark Lewis, who sued the self-regulatory body for libel earlier this year. Media Guardian reports: The commission [PCC] and the baroness [Buscombe, … Continue reading