This post is an update to Inforrm's previous tally of defamation cases, which tracked Defamation Trials, Summary Determinations and Assessments in 2011; 2010 and 2005-2009. Additionally, the Ministry of Justice's Impact Assessment on the Defamation Bill [PDF] records approximate data for the outcomes of 145 unspecified sample cases 2009-10.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
- reading tweets on mediation from @LifeInCustody who appears to be at a conference with an improbable hashtag 1 day ago
- RT @frabcus: Blog post by me: How an App lets you do just one thing easily, whereas a Tool liberates you to do whatever you need http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @JoshuaRozenberg: BBC's Law in Action to cover legal aid next month. Currently looking for people affected by recent changes. Contact: h… 1 day ago
- RT @LondonNewsman: Currently at a meeting of the Criminal Law Solicitors' Association, where they couldn't be more vehemently damning the l… 2 days ago
- RT @Familoo: More views on #legalaid - haven't seen a single article in support of proposals! m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/… 3 days ago
- RT @INFORRM: Table of Media Law Cases, new addition wp.me/PMDHB-Do McAlpine v Bercow (No.2), Lord McA succeeds, tweet bears defamat… 8 hours ago
- BBC News>> Have civil legal aid cuts changed your life?: bbc.in/14Gtp3Q #medialaw 9 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: High Court has also held that #Bercow tweet had that defamatory meaning both in its natural and, alternatively, 'innuendo' … 9 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: Next tweet will be result of High Court preliminary ruling on whether #Bercow tweet was defamatory at law of #McAlpine. 9 hours ago
- Pro bono spotlight: Heather Rogers | Media Legal Defence Initiative: We “talk the talk” about freedo... bit.ly/13LroRd #medialaw 1 day ago