After 26 weeks of hearings, the UK's Leveson Inquiry, held under the Inquiries Act 2005, has stopped to consider its mass of oral and written evidence gathered during Part 1 (474 people, 135 organisations and 3.2 million words, according to the BBC). "Save for a number of what might be described as 'loose ends' or 'updates' the gathering of formal evidence by the examination of witnesses is now at an end," Lord Justice Leveson concluded.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Survey for journalists and bloggers in England & WalesShare your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in this online anonymous survey
- Cross-state / jurisdiction issues in lively paper #ica_clp #ica13: Obscenity to the Max by R. Leone (Stonehill), D. Herbeck (Northeastern) 58 minutes ago
- Is there an official # for law & policy section at #ica13? 1 hour ago
- Interesting examples in The Law of Forgetting: A Case Study of Argentina, Edward L. Carter, Brigham Young U #ica13 #ica_law 1 hour ago
- Hearing about right to be forgotten .. in Argentina #ica13 1 hour ago
- enjoying, if a bit overwhelmed by, #ica13. Great discussion around legal & policy issues for convergent media 19 hours ago
- DUP defends libel law veto - Latest - Belfast Newsletter: Finance Minister Sammy Wilson’s decision t... bit.ly/15aBpYD #medialaw 2 days ago
- ABA Journal>> As libel trial losers battle $1M legal bill, FBI probes claimed mid-trial DUI set-up o... bit.ly/18OY4RY #medialaw 2 days ago
- Guardian>> Saudi prince defends Forbes libel action: Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed has insisted his... bit.ly/16gJNsE #medialaw 2 days ago
- Michael Crick, C4 News>> Does Sun ‘plebgate’ libel defence show more evidence of police conspiracy?:... bit.ly/1512wFq #medialaw 2 days ago
- Nehanda Radio>> Challenges in promoting privacy and freedom of expression in Zimbabwe: Across the gl... bit.ly/12BmXgx #medialaw 2 days ago