On Sunday it was reported that the Scottish lawyer Paul McBride QC, 47, has died in his sleep on a visit to Pakistan. At age 35, he was appointed the youngest ever QC in the UK. Last year he represented Gail Sheridan, who was acquitted of perjury. Two men are currently on trial at the high court in Glasgow…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BBCr4today: You can read Randy Schekman's full article about scientific journals here: bit.ly/18wZRsY (via the @guardian) #r4to… 2 hours ago
- RT @davidgauntlett: We are advertising PhD scholarships in the Faculty of Media, Art & Design, Univ of Westminster - deadline 17 January: h… 20 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 3rd in our Media Plurality Series with @LSEMediaPolicy: "European level inertia is not justified" by Petros Iosifidis h… 20 hours ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #indexawards2014 Just a few hours left. Make your nomination now bit.ly/19FYCE5 via @IndexCensorship 20 hours ago
- last RT via the excellent and open access @lseimpactblog 20 hours ago
- LexisWeb>> [Family law] Make them mediate! Is there a case for compulsion?: bit.ly/1dgty1q #medialaw 22 hours ago
- RT @SkyFixerJim: Morning, it's day 28 of the #hackingtrial believe it or not. We're a little thinned-out in the press benches. Four defenda… 23 hours ago
- by @jheawood @guardian: 'Why the Impress Project wants to talk about press regulation' bit.ly/IUQVEf 1 day ago
- Event, LSE, 10 December: From Moral Panics to States of Denia - A celebration of the life and work o... bit.ly/1iMFT4h #medialaw 1 day ago
- Prospectus | The IMPRESS Project: bit.ly/1f9ETSF #medialaw 1 day ago