On Sunday it was reported that the Scottish lawyer Paul McBride QC, 47, has died in his sleep on a visit to Pakistan. At age 35, he was appointed the youngest ever QC in the UK. Last year he represented Gail Sheridan, who was acquitted of perjury. Two men are currently on trial at the high court in Glasgow…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Survey for journalists and bloggers in England & WalesShare your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in this online anonymous survey
- Of interest @alexkantoniou? #ica13 paper: Obscenity to the Max: Max Hardcore, Comm. Standards & “Works as a Whole” Online by Leone & Herbeck 1 hour ago
- Cross-state / jurisdiction issues in lively paper #ica_clp #ica13: Obscenity to the Max by R. Leone (Stonehill), D. Herbeck (Northeastern) 4 hours ago
- Is there an official # for law & policy section at #ica13? 4 hours ago
- Interesting examples in The Law of Forgetting: A Case Study of Argentina, Edward L. Carter, Brigham Young U #ica13 #ica_law 4 hours ago
- Hearing about right to be forgotten .. in Argentina #ica13 4 hours ago
- DUP defends libel law veto - Latest - Belfast Newsletter: Finance Minister Sammy Wilson’s decision t... bit.ly/15aBpYD #medialaw 2 days ago
- ABA Journal>> As libel trial losers battle $1M legal bill, FBI probes claimed mid-trial DUI set-up o... bit.ly/18OY4RY #medialaw 2 days ago
- Guardian>> Saudi prince defends Forbes libel action: Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed has insisted his... bit.ly/16gJNsE #medialaw 2 days ago
- Michael Crick, C4 News>> Does Sun ‘plebgate’ libel defence show more evidence of police conspiracy?:... bit.ly/1512wFq #medialaw 2 days ago
- Nehanda Radio>> Challenges in promoting privacy and freedom of expression in Zimbabwe: Across the gl... bit.ly/12BmXgx #medialaw 2 days ago