Please visit Inforrm for this week’s Law and Media Round Up [24-30 January 2012]. It features the first libel trial of the year, several ill-advised legal tweets and the latest from Leveson. Plus forthcoming events hearings and committee sessions. Read the post at this link.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @CampaignFoI: @CampaignFOI was launched in January 1984. To celebrate 30 years campaigning for #FOI, we've launched a new website http:/… 6 hours ago
- "Using the rhetoric of press freedom to thwart free speech" by @martinjemoore via @onfreespeech bit.ly/1cQvkbg 6 hours ago
- Qs re CoP/fam transparency MT @julie_doughty who will decide which to publish? where?how will cases be accessed & who will pay for all this? 22 hours ago
- RT @GdnLaw: .@JoshuaRozenberg sheds light on latest in 'forced caesarian' case. Sir James Munby: it must lead to greater openness http://t.… 22 hours ago
- Difficult to excuse media misreporting, but need better info at source to check claims & be properly informed @adamwagner1 @thesmallplaces 22 hours ago
- Ministerial changes at Ministry of Justice, December 2013 - Press release: bit.ly/JHCHaP #medialaw 1 hour ago
- New book: From Theory to Practice: How to Assess and Apply Impartiality in News and Current Affairs: bit.ly/1c0nID0 #medialaw 5 hours ago
- Free Speech Debate, Martin Moore: Using the rhetoric of press freedom to thwart free speech: bit.ly/1c0nICR #medialaw 5 hours ago
- RT @mediareformUK: A guide to press freedom in the age of mass surveillance: tinyurl.com/o7z6c7a #NSA #GCHQ #PressFreedom #Leveson 6 hours ago
- RT @rosenbaum6: RT @CampaignFoI: Government to consult on Freedom of Information restrictions "in near future" cfoi.org.uk/2013/12/govern… #FOI 6 hours ago