Lucy Series, a doctoral researcher at the University of Exeter, and I have submitted a response to the Cabinet Office’s open data consultation. Our focus is opening up data in the legal sphere: court listings, judgments, information about reporting restrictions and expanding the Freedom of Information Act to include more legal bodies. Lucy’s research concerns the Court of Protection and community care. My interests are in defamation and privacy law. Consequently, our comments are predominantly informed by research in those areas. Lucy’s blog can be found here. Please do let us know what you think, either via the comments, Twitter, or email. There is a Google group for people interested in digital open justice at this link.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- mulling on (re)presentation of P (as @Capacitylaw's title described it) & transparency/media @TheSmallPlaces #mentalcapacity #slsa2015 6 hours ago
- now in Law Enforcement & Control of Info session: Ian Fitzgerald & @ACSavage on the migrant worker as whistleblower #slsa2015 6 hours ago
- dipped into mental health law #slsa2015: @thesmallplaces great; on CoP & difficulties for those contesting authority, among other things 7 hours ago
- very much liking Erin Ferguson’s approach so far, on impact of privatisation on access to info & FOI #slsa2015 cc. @LynnFOI @bainesy1969 12 hours ago
- great doctoral project: FOI & what happens when public services transferred to private sector @fergusonerin #slsa2015 bit.ly/1GfKYM3 12 hours ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 4 months ago