Since writing this, there have already been new developments in the unfolding crisis at the BBC following its Newsnight programme on child abuse. But this is the media law week that was, rounded up here:
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- overview from 2013 by @dominicburbidge, but still so relevant. see last para: freedom to submit to a journal withou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: .@BrightonHoveCC : as a #cityofsanctuary, will you follow @ManCityCouncil and condemn indefinite immigration detention?… 1 day ago
- RT @sussexinterpret: #DignityNotDestitution Here is a video report made by Latest TV of the @BrightonSanct trip to Parliament. Well done e… 1 day ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Congratulations to our friend and partner @newunionflag . We love the beautiful, inclusive #NewUnionFlag https://t.co/TO… 1 day ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Need advice for a #refugee or asylum seeker in #Brighton & Hove? Want to get in touch with the local Syrian Community? S… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago