Since writing this, there have already been new developments in the unfolding crisis at the BBC following its Newsnight programme on child abuse. But this is the media law week that was, rounded up here:
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @paul_clarke: Excellent thread. Needs to reach a wide audience. twitter.com/adrianshort/st… 7 hours ago
- 7 yrs in media law: libel reform, super injunctions, Leveson, phone hacking, DA 2013, growth of DP & MOPI: inforrm.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/inf… @Inforrm 11 hours ago
- The @inforrm blog is now 7 yrs old @nataliepeck almost holds record for most read post! Much happened in that time: inforrm.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/inf… 11 hours ago
- RT @NUJofficial: #NUJ launches local news matters week of action today - nuj.org.uk/news/local-new… #localnewsmatters #media #Ireland #England… 2 days ago
- RT @Sanchia7: Drive for family court transparency a 'limited success' - BBC News @Familoo @julie_doughty @CathyAshley https://t.co/EOi3Q8z… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago