Will Leveson’s ‘Arbitration Service’ improve access to justice in civil legal disputes? In Volume IV of his report, Lord Justice Leveson has recommended a new arbitration service for civil legal claims as part of a new system of independent self-regulation for the British media. He suggests the board of this new body should provide an arbitral process on a cost-only basis to subscribing members of the system, which would be open to ‘all publishers on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms’.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Connecting theme between Judith Rauhofer's + @PaulbernalUK 's papers seems to be limitation or chill on free activity and creativity #gikii 1 hour ago
- RT @PaulbernalUK: Here’s the post that Judith is referring to: The Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing…. #Gikii http://t.co/kYSjYp… 1 hour ago
- "Why have a ballroom with no balls"... #frozen #chillingeffect at #gikii - disney / privacy and expression analogies frm @PaulbernalUK 2 hours ago
- Conference opening with disney princesses ... frozen and the chilling effect... #gikii 2 hours ago
- Glad to make it to day 2 of #gikii at Sussex, some lively and curious sounding papers coming up gikii.org 2 hours ago
- The Herald [Zimbabwe]: Fib law struck off statutes: bit.ly/1pKIsTz #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @TimesLaw: Total clear out of law officers with both Dominic Grieve and Oliver Heald gone in reshuffle. Who is in charge overnight? #re… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Ten ways to ensure you don't get sued for libel (from Press Gazette's Defamation 2014... bit.ly/1ou3ANb #medialaw 1 month ago
- Mishcon: Defamation clarity for Parliamentary Privilege once again after a twenty year detour?: bit.ly/1oso6O4 #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @nickycain: 2nd reading of the Deregulation Bill (with media & comms provisions) in the House of Lords after 14:30 today: http://t.co/IN… 1 month ago