Here’s the link to this week’s law and media round up on Inforrm’s Blog: on the McAlpine libel cases, the much-anticipated Leveson Inquiry report (due out on Thursday 29 November) and much more …
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Cameron quizzed on FOI extension to private co.s w. public contracts via @FOIdirectory bit.ly/1fbzBDt @CLARESAMBROOK @openDemocracy 8 hours ago
- RT @InfoGovScotland: And an FOI PhD Scholarship available at the University of Dundee: jobs.ac.uk/job/AIF326/phd… 9 hours ago
- RT @leowhitlock: Helvetica: one font to rule them all theguardian.com/artanddesign/2… via @guardian 1 day ago
- RT @susiea7: High Court rejects challenge to Azelle Rodney unlawful killing finding (Published on Thursday, 27 February, 2014)... http://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @stop_child_det: @JTownend @claresambrook Disappointed Julian Huppert & LibDems seem to think locking children up in 'pre departure acco… 4 days ago
- RT @JournLaw: Book Review | Blogging & Tweeting Without Getting Sued psnews.com.au/Bookreviewpsn3… via @psnewsonline Now at Griffith U of course! … 2 days ago
- Inforrm, Hugh Tomlinson: Privilege and reporting the contents of documents read by the court: bit.ly/1bX9rt9 #medialaw 4 days ago
- Inforrm: Judicial Statistics – defamation claims increased by 13%: bit.ly/1bX9rt5 #medialaw 4 days ago
- High Court to consider Data Panopticon Blog: Protection Act bid to halt reporting of corruption alle... bit.ly/1hHseGY #medialaw 6 days ago
- Guardian: Paul Foot award - Guardian wins special investigation prize for Snowden files: bit.ly/1jyD0Bt #medialaw 1 week ago