Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action against a Catholic news website, and freedom of expression and belief issues in Smith v Trafford Housing Trust.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- v interesting stuff questioning presumed 'chilling effects' of FOIA by @benworthy1 in his evidence to FOI Commission bit.ly/1jwPLR9 14 hours ago
- via @TheSmallPlaces ... detail of Court of Protection Transparency pilot, with some important Qs: bit.ly/1RiVFmR 14 hours ago
- Spending Review and Court Digitisation detail via @computersandlaw: bit.ly/1RiVube 14 hours ago
- What will £700m investment in courts modernisation mean for access to court info online? @johnlsheridan @seethrujustice @newsbrooke 14 hours ago
- of interest? @BrightonSanct @stop_child_det @rmw @RLI_News twitter.com/Maggotlaw/stat… 14 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 11 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 11 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 11 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago