Since writing this, there have already been new developments in the unfolding crisis at the BBC following its Newsnight programme on child abuse. But this is the media law week that was, rounded up here:
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- very much liking Erin Ferguson’s approach so far, on impact of privatisation on access to info & FOI #slsa2015 cc. @LynnFOI @bainesy1969 4 hours ago
- great doctoral project: FOI & what happens when public services transferred to private sector @fergusonerin #slsa2015 bit.ly/1GfKYM3 4 hours ago
- RT @ExplodingCanon: Top down approach, starting with the 'blackletter' syllabus, undermines contextual engagement before we've started #sls… 21 hours ago
- Refreshing gender balance #slsa2015: all female panel this pm,open programme to see female slsa chair, 2:1 f/m plenary, 4/6 prizes to women 21 hours ago
- Enjoying Prof Joanne Conaghan on development of legal ed and law in context, unpacking doctrinal vs socio-legal representations #slsa2015 21 hours ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 4 months ago