Since writing this, there have already been new developments in the unfolding crisis at the BBC following its Newsnight programme on child abuse. But this is the media law week that was, rounded up here:
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @MediaPlurality: journalism's charitable status addressed by @GreensladeR and @stevenjbarnett in BJR / Opportunity for hyperlocals? http… 3 hours ago
- RT @carlgardner: The Court of Appeal's "Prince Charles letters" judgment: judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/… 4 hours ago
- RT @arusbridger: Guardian wins battle for public to have a right to see Prince Charles's advocacy letters to gov't ministers #pressfreedom 4 hours ago
- via @mattbuck_hack: some @drawnalism from #LawSocDebates on The State and Surveillance bit.ly/1nKlmwl 5 hours ago
- RT @newsbrooke: Enjoyed this article - Speaking proper: does it matter if we can't pronounce mispronunciation? - theguardian.com/science/2014/m… 7 hours ago
- RT @AGO_UK: If you missed the AG on @BBCRadio4 Law in action today talking about contempt of court, you can listen again here: http://t.co/… 3 hours ago
- Guardian: Prince Charles letters: attorney general acted unlawfully, say senior judges | UK news | t... bit.ly/1nKHyX5 #medialaw 4 hours ago
- Via @drawnalism: The State and Surveillance: bit.ly/O0BNb2 #medialaw 4 hours ago
- David Higgerson blog>> FOI: The council which doesn’t want you to know the things it expects you to ... bit.ly/1ibGmdS #medialaw 7 hours ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: 11 of 17 charges against Barrett Brown - including those related to the posting of a hyperlink - have been dropped htt… 7 hours ago