I’ve rounded up the past week in media law over at the Inforrm blog. The coming week should be a bit quieter, with no significant hearings listed in the courts, the House of Commons in recess and the Leveson Inquiry on a break until 27 February.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @MediaPlurality: Media Plurality Series: Fixed ownership limits proposed for transparency and accountability - Justin Schlosberg http://… 12 hours ago
- good luck!MT @stjohnstreet: We'll be at @CitySpark1 marketplace fair Thurs 6pm showing off our idea.Come & support us bit.ly/1cnjnJO 1 day ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 1st in new series with @LSEmediapolicy: by @stevenjbarnett - Is Ofcom's 'share of references' scheme fit for measuring … 1 day ago
- RT @BroughtonMicova: .@JTownend & I launched media plurality blog series bit.ly/1eOHlgA. We'd love contributions, esp. on local med… 1 day ago
- post by @carlgardner reinforces argument for legal info at source for checking claims. allows analyses like this bit.ly/1cYDjRv 2 days ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 2 days ago
- SubScribe: Glasgow helicopter crash and the night of the citizen journalist: bit.ly/1jc1gcS #medialaw 4 days ago
- MST: David Yelland’s Leveson Anniversary Lecture, 29th November 2013 – Full Text: bit.ly/1injR7Y #medialaw 6 days ago
- RT @peterjukes: Back at #hackingtrial - but will have to bunk off half an hour early for live interview with R4 media show at 4.30 with @st… 1 week ago
- RT @INFORRM: Andrew Mitchell MP libel case, costs budget sanctions appeal dismissed bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/… 1 week ago